Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hunger pains

When I was a kid, I learned that there was an actual possibility that people could DIE from starvation. From that point on I thought that hunger pangs were actually my body dying from not eating. My poor parents can attest to the fact that whenever I felt hungry/death knocking on my door finding food became top priority. My parents just thought I was being overdramatic. I actually thought I was dying 5 times a day.

My goal is not to eat everything in sight or fall prey to the "eating for two" when the second is the size of a sesame seed. My appetite has gotten much stronger, but I don't really desire to eat a larger quantity of food. However, the past couple of days, when I start to feel hungry it is as if nothing else in the world exists or matters. I sat through a 3 hour meeting to day and can only remember half. The other hour and a half i was day dreaming about how wonderful my leftovers (dirty rice) would taste with Cholula on top. I cannot focus on ANYTHING when i'm hungry.

Last week, I could have powered through the hunger. Now, it brings me to a screetching halt and turns me into a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment