Friday, February 4, 2011

Due date

This fine icy day in Houston got me thinking about what the weather will be like during my pregnancy, due date, and maternity leave.

According to the handy dandy internet, my due date is October 5th. Which is pretty cool for a couple of reasons. First, this is my dear friend Nora's birthday. Second, this means I'll be able to take maternity leave for October, November, and December and I won't have to bear the hot summer months with a newborn.

On the other hand, this means I will be 7 months pregnant in the glorious August heat in Houston... This does not excite me (or anyone else around me). This also means that I will be huge, hot and emotional during my busiest time at work. I cannot guarantee the safety of the Leukemia Department Fellows. Some might be eaten.

Things could be worse. All in all, I think I have lucked out with the timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment